Prem P. Kandel
213 Rouse Life Sciences Building
Auburn University, AL 36849
Lab: (334) 844-5015
Fax: (334) 844-1947
||M.Sc. Plant Protection. Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Thesis: Culture independent quantification of Bdellovibrio-and-like organisms from a zero discharge aquaculture system.
||B.Sc. Agriculture. Institute of Agriculture and Animal Sciences, Tribhuvan University, Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal.
Conditions promoting recombination in Xylella fastidiosa.
Awards and Fellowships:
- 2012 - Travel award for First Pears Foundation Alumni Workship at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- 2011 - Full scholarship for a summer course at Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Science Engineering (SCELSE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 2010 - Scholarship for M.Sc. thesis stream by Pears Foundation, UK
- 2009 - Johny Fraser Memorial Scholarship for M.Sc. studies in Nutritional Sciences at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- 2004-2008 - Tribhuvan University Fellowship for undergraduate studies
- Kandel, P.P., Z. Pasternak, J. van Rijn, O. Nahum, and E. Jurkevitch. 2014. Abundance, diversity and seasonal dynamics of predatory bacteria in aquaculture zero discharge systems. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, published online 12 May 2014.
- 2014 - Kandel, P.P. and L. De La Fuente. Effect of growth media composition on natural competence of Xylella fastidiosa. Poster: American Phytopathological Society - Canadian Phytopathological Society (APS-CPS) Joint Meeting, Aug 9-13, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 2012 - Kandel, P.P., J. van Rijn, and E. Jurkevitch. Prospects of the zero discharge system in nutrition and health. Talk: First Pears Foundation Alumni Workshop, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2011 - Kandel, P.P. and E. Jurkevitch. Bdellovibrio-and-like organisms and biofilms. Talk: First Summer Course on biofilms. SCELSE, Singapore.
Last Updated: October 14, 2014