Lawrence (Larry) Y. Liu
217 Rouse Life Sciences Building
Auburn University, AL 36849
Lab: (334) 844-5015
Fax: (334) 844-1947
B.S.E. Chemical Engineering, Pre-Medicine. Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
B.A. Economics - Quantitative Track. College of Liberal Arts, Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
Comparison of Xylella fastidiosa gene expression when cultured in microfluidic chambers and flasks.
Awards and Fellowships:
- Summer 2014 - Spring 2015 - AU Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- 2013 - 1st Place Undergraduate Oral Presentation, 99th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Branch of the American Society for Microbiology
- Summer 2013 - AU-CMB Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarship
- Spring 2013 - Samuel Ginn College of Engineering Pumphrey Award
- Spring 2012 - Samuel Ginn College of Engineering Most Outstanding First Year Award
- Fall 2012 - Phi Kappa Phi Most Outstanding First Year Award
- Fall 2011-present - Auburn University Honors College
- Fall 2011-present - Auburn National Scholars Presidential Scholarship
- Fall 2011-Fall 2012 - Samuel Ginn College of Engineering Dean's List
- 2014 - Liu, L.Y., J.K. Parker, and L. De
La Fuente. Optimization of bacterial RNA yields from microfluidic chambers. Oral Presentation: Auburn University Research
Week 2014, Auburn, AL, April 14-17.
- 2013 - Liu, L.Y., J.K. Parker, and L. De
La Fuente. Designing microfluidic chambers with increased surface area for analysis of bacterial transcriptomes. Oral Presentation:
99th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Branch of the American Society for Microbiology, Auburn, AL, Nov. 7-9.
Last Updated: June 17, 2014