counting shed The counting shed is located at the E. W. Shell Fisheries Center. The shed has been used to hold, count and weigh fished stocked into and harvested from research ponds for over 40 years. The original building contained 5 concrete fish holding tanks was constructed in 1948 and an addition containing 8 concrete fish holding tanks was constructed in 1962. Notice the Fish Technology Building in the background.