counting shed 1948The original counting shed was constructed in 1948 and consisted of 5 concrete tanks on a concrete floor. The floor and tanks were covered with a ” war-surplus” shed. There was a space about 20′ x 20′ in the north end of the shed, which Mrs. Swingle is approaching, were counting troughs and tables were used. The shed was located in an area between M-4 and the old E-5 and the creek. The tanks were gravity-fed water from the open-ditch water supply to the earthen ponds.