The second fisheries laboratory building was located in the graves centre area of campus. this building was initially designed as an auditorium to service group-meeting, particularly those in which visitors were housed in the 20 odd cottages included in the complex. during wwii the building was used as a cafeteria for the enlisted personnel attending the naval training program operated by api. following the war, it was used part-time as the women’s dinning hall while the quadrangle dinning hall was being remodeled and enlarged. fisheries moved into the building in late 1953.