Associate Dean Research
Assistant Director AAES
Field of Specialization
- Professional Affiliations
- Special Honors & Awards
- Associate Editor, BMC Genomics, 2010 – Present
- Associate Editor, BMC Genetics, 2009 – Present
- Honorary International Director, Applied Genomics Center, Chinese Academy of Fisheries Sciences, Beijing, China, 2009 – Present
- Editorial Board, Reviews in Aquaculture, 2008 – Present
- Editorial Board, Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 2007 – Present
- Editorial Board, Reviews in Aquaculture, 2007
- Editorial Board, Animal Biotechnology, 2007 – Present
- North American Editor, Marine Biotechnology, 2004 – Present
- Editorial Board, Aquaculture, 2004 – Present
- Aquaculture Coordinator, National Animal Genome Project NRSP-8, 2003-2008
- Scientific Advisory Board, Oceans and Human Health Initiative, NOAA.
- Steering Committee, International Network on Genetics in Aquaculture
- Panel Chair, Porcine Genome Sequencing
- Adviser, National Agricultural Hi-tech Industries, China.
- Adjunct professor, Shanghai Fisheries University, Shanghai, China.I
- International Director, Aquaculture Education Center of Ministry of Education, China.
- International Director, Key Laboratory of Aquaculture Systems and Molecular Ecology of the Ministry of Agriculture, China.
- International Scientific Advisor, Chinese Academy of Fisheries Sciences.
- Director, Sino-American Functional Genomics Laboratory, Qingdao, China.
- Advisory Panel Member, Genome Research on All Salmonids (cGRASP), Canada.
- Reviews for over 40 professional Journals.
- Grant Review Panel members for numerous USDA, NIH, NOAA, and SeaGrant.
- Panel members for numerous national and international functions.
- Conference organizers for Plant and Animal Genome, and World Aquaculture Society sessions.
- USDA Recognition for significant contribution to “National Animal Genome Program” as Coordinator of Aquaculture, USDA CSREES, 2009.
- AAAS Fellow, 2007.
- Creative Research and Scholarship Award, Auburn University, 2007
- Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station Director’s Outstanding Research Award, 2007.
- Director’s Outstanding Senior Research Award, Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station, 2006.
- Golden Summit Award from the Governor, Sichuan Province, China in recognition of “enthusiastic support to economic construction and social progress in Sichuan Province, and prominent contributions to international exchange and friendly cooperation between Sichuan and foreign countries, 2003.
- Alumni Professorship, Auburn University, 2002-2007.
- “Catfish Genome Research” exhibited on Capitol Hill, sponsored by NASULGC, 2000.
- Distinguished Research Award by Alabama Catfish Producers in recognition of outstanding research contributions and dedication to Alabama’s catfish industry, 1999.
My major research interests are in genome research of catfish including major projects of:
1. Development of molecular markers;
2. Genetic linkage mapping;
3 . QTL mapping;
4 . Transcriptome analysis including gene discovery of 25,000 catfish genes, EST sequencing, gene indexing, and gene ontology studies;
5. Physical mapping;
6. Development of microarray technologies;
7. Comparative mapping; and
126 Records Total