Field of Specialization
- Professional Affiliations
- Special Honors & Awards
- International Association of Genetics in Aquaculture
- World Aquaculture Society
- Alumni Professor, Auburn University
- recipient of the Catfish Farmers of America Distinguished Research Award
- first to produce a transgenic fish in the United States. The paper resulting from that work was recognized as one of the top 5 papers by the American Fisheries Society in 1987.
- research recognized and recorded in the US Congressional Record.
- Chairman and keynote address for the Genetics Section of Aquaculture Genetics in the Third Millenium, Bangkok,Thailand, 2000
- Invited Speaker, 4th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production 1990. Edinburgh, Scotland
- Invited Speaker, 3rd World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production 1986, Lincoln, Nebraska
My primary research interest is the genetic improvement of catfish. The areas and related areas within catfish genetics include selective breeding, hybridization, gene transfer, gene mapping and genomics and reproductive physiology.
113 Records Total