Associate Research Professor and Director
251-648-5877 or 228-818-8841
Field of Specialization
- Professional Affiliations
- Special Honors & Awards
- World Aquaculture Society
- United States Aquaculture Society (Vice President, President Elect, President, Past President, web and publications committee)
- National Shellfisheries Association (Web site content manager: http://shellfish.org)
- American Fisheries Society (Offshore Aquaculture Ad-hoc committee. Charged with developing a position statement for AFS.)
- Sigma X
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- Beta Beta Beta
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Alabama Coastal Foundation
- EPA Gulf Guardian Award. 2006.
- Distinguished Service Award U.S. Aquaculture Society. 2002.
- Outstanding Purdue University Non-Credit Distance Education Award. 2000.
- Outstanding Dissertation Award, Department of Curriculum and Instruction. 1999.
- First place for Computer-Based Media, National Sea Grant Week. 1999.
Production technologies involved in the farming of the eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) and hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria and Mercenaria campechiensis) in the Mobile Bay region; estuarine habitat restoration and marine finfish aquaculture using land-based and offshore aquaculture technologies.
12 Records Total