Faculty and Staff
The College of Agriculture has 164 faculty, including
- 3 Alumni Professors,
- 2 Eminent Scholars, and
- 3 Distinguished University Professors.
College/AAES Honor Top Faculty and Staff in Awards Program
Four Auburn University College of Agriculture faculty members have earned top awards from the college and the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station in recognition of their outstanding efforts in teaching, advising and research:
- Dale Coleman, animal sciences professor, 2010 Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence;
- David Weaver, professor in the agronomy and soils department, 2010 Dean’s Award for Advising Excellence;
- Allen Davis, professor of fisheries and allied aquacultures, 2010 Senior Researcher Award; and
- Alan Wilson, assistant professor in fisheries and allied aquaculture, 2010 Junior Researcher Award.
Five faculty members, who have excelled in obtaining research dollars through extramural grants and contracts, received Grantsmanship Awards:
- LaDon Swann, associate professor, Alan Wilson, assistant professor, and Eric Peatman, assistant professor, all in fisheries and allied aquacultures;
- David Held, entomology and plant pathology assistant professor; and
- Puneet Srivastava, associate professor in biosystems engineering
One faculty member was selected for The Guthrie Award for Achievement in International Agriculture in recognition of distinguished achievement in international teaching, research, extension and outreach. This year's recipient was Yifen Wang, associate professor in biosystems engineering.
Given for the first time in 2010 was the Diversity Award in recognition of staff and administrative and professional employees who have exhibited outstanding commitment to diversity in their performance, service and collegiality in the workplace. Recipient of this award was Deborah Solie, student services coordinator.
Five outstanding College of Ag and AAES staff and administrative/professional employees were honored as 2010 Employees of the Year. The five were
- Kathryn Glass, natural resources program advisor in agronomy and soils;
- Kay Holloway, administrative support staff in agronomy and soils;
- Scott Parsons, assistant director fiscal administration;
- Anita Robinson, accountant, agricultural economics and rural sociology; and
- Deborah Solie, student services coordinator.